Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 8, 2010

(Her) Wedding

“Ting! Ting! Ting!”

The church bell rang. A signal for the start of the mass.

Today is a very special day.

The bride had arrived already.

Because today is wedding day.

I was inside the church, waiting for her. Now, I could see her walking in the aisle, being taken by her beloved father in the altar.

She was very voluptuous. Her curve was still emphasized in her long and pristine white gown.

Her face was concealed by a transparent veil. But I knew that behind that veil was a visage with a pulchritude unparalleled.

I could just stare in awe.

Time seemed to cease upon me seeing her. But unfortunately, it did not stop.

Seconds later, she was in the altar.

I almost got lost of the time. It appeared like everything happening now was being fast-forwarded. I was just able to cope up again when the celebrant asked her with the “magic question.”

And I heard her answer, “Yes, I do.”

Now, it was time for the priest to ask the groom now.

With my eyes closed, I answered in a low voice, “Yes, I do.”

Time was so fast…

And it was the right time for the groom to kiss the bride.

With the veil being lifted slowly, I felt some kind of nervous.

I know there was still pain in me. A sense of suffering. A touch of melancholy. It felt like the only thing left for me was a broken heart.

When their lips met, I turned and walked away, leaving the one I loved in the hands of another man. Someone who deserved her more than I did.

I know it was awkward for a guy to shed tears while walking. Especially when he was facing the red carpet. But what could I do? That made me really feel better.

When I reached the outside of the church, I wiped my tears with the handkerchief I received from her (so many years ago).

I just smiled. I just continued meandering in the vast space occupied by the town plaza, hoping that somewhere out there, I would meet someone who would not just accompany me in a transient paradise, but would be bound to me for the rest of eternity.

Someone who would join me in a wedding I could call my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment